The Secure Content Management market in APAC is posting positive growth of 6.9% driven by stringent regulatory norms and adoption of cloud technologies and mobility. The market size is estimated to be at USD 970.92 Million in 2018 and is expected to significantly grow to market size of USD 1.4 Billion.
- Definition / Scope
- Market Overview
- Top Market Opportunities
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
- Industry Challenges
- Technology Trends
- Regulatory Trends
- Market Size and Forecast
- Market Outlook
- Distribution Chain Analysis
- Competitive Landscape
- Competitive Factors
- Key Market Players
- Strategic Conclusion
Definition / Scope
Secure content management is the set of processes and technologies that supports the collection, managing and publishing of information.
It involves processes for protecting the company from viruses, spam and undesirable web pages to not only provide enhanced security, but also address productivity and potential human resources issues.
Even after controlling the number of avenues through which information can enter, after the implementation of perimeter security, the cyber attackers still find ways to piggyback across valid communication channels.
Secure Content Management technologies have evolved rapidly over the last few years due to the complexity of threats associated with email and web gateways. Businesses are increasingly focusing on eliminating this threat by adopting the 2 gateways, rather than the purely productive driven anti-spam and web-filtering techniques.
Secure Content Management solutions are gaining traction due to the increased need for handling voluminous content that is getting generated in organizations on a daily basis. The rising adoption of digitalization, Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), growth of e-commerce, and social media has increased the amount of content generated in inter-organizations and intra-organizations.
SCM solutions offer clients with the benefit of paper-free workflow, accurate searching of required information, and better information sharing, and also addresses required industry standards and regulations. SCM solutions enable clients with handling essential enterprise information, and save time and cost associated with searching for the required business data for making key business decisions.
Strategy Adopted for implementing Secure Content Management
The strategy applied for Secure Content Management includes the 4 step process including
- Discover involves Identifying and Defining process of Data Management and collecting the data created.
- Classify is the process of identifying critical data and segregating between secure information and unstructured information.
- Control involves the process of data cleansing,Encrypting the digital content and Securing the critical information.
- Govern is the process of creating Service Level Agreements for usage rules, retention rules
Reasons for adopting Secure Content Management
Following are the reasons creating the need for secure content management
- Lost productivity
- Introduction of malicious code
- Potential liability
- Wasted network resources
- Control over intellectual property
- Regulatory Compliance
Because of these reasons there is rising concern over security of the organization and creating the need for adoption of Secure content Management from the clients.
Solutions offered by Secure Content Management
The solutions offered for Secure Content Management includes:
- Anti-Spam: Spam Filters are introduced for spam e-mail which not only consumes time and money, but also network and mail server resources.
- Web Surfing: Limiting the websites that end users are allowed to access will increase work productivity, ensure maximum bandwidth availability and lower the liability issues.
- Instant Messaging: Convenient and growing, but difficult to handle, this technology serves as a back door for viruses and worms to enter your network. It also provides way for sensitive information to be shared over the network.