At present, China has the right combination of factors for anybody looking to invest in the fitness industry- 415 millennials enticed by e-fitness, increasing disposable income of middle class willing to spend on fitness, rise of health related products in market and government investment in active wear, fitness centres and accessories which is set to grow every year.
- Definition / Scope
- Market Overview
- Top Market Opportunities
- Market Trends
- Industry Challenges
- Price Trends
- Technology Trends
- Other Key Market Trends
- Market Size and Forecast
- Market Outlook
- Competitive Landscape
- Competitive Factors
- Key Market Players
- Strategic Conclusion
Definition / Scope
As described by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, Fitness is the ability to carry out day-to-day tasks with vigor and alertness without undue fatigue and with ample of energy to enjoy leisure-time pursuits and respond to emergencies.
To become so, an individual must address their fitness level time to time and build fitness through structured set of exercise and leisure activities.
Some of the major components of fitness include:
- Muscular endurance and power and strength
- Cardiorespiratory endurance
In the fitness industries, several players are involved that belong to either of two categories:
- Traditional fitness centers: They involve different types of fitness centers and an individual must choose a fitness center based on types of amenities required to meet fitness goals. These fitness centers provide physical activities based on how much time one has and which activity they enjoy the most. Some of the common fitness centers are:
- Aerobic Centers: They are designed to improve people's cardiovascular health and well-being. The exercise are mostly concentrated on improving flexibility, muscle toning and hearth health. Some of the basic aerobic equipments include, stationary bikes, stair climbers, elliptical etc.
- Yoga Centers: They offer classes conducted by expert instructors and focus on techniques associated with deep breathing, physical & mental relaxation. These exercises are also designed to improve flexibility of muscles and tissue. The classes can be offered anytime in a day and is best form of exercise for people with high-stress level.
- Dance Studios: They offer different or a form of dance and variety of dance styles are designed to teach individuals. Dance improves cardiovascular health, flexibility, balance & co-ordination of body etc.
- Pilates Center: It is a new form of exercise which is gaining popularity at present. IT focuses on not just physical but mental aspects of health as well.
- Gym: Gyms focus on weight lifting and strength training. The training is extensive, thus gym centers are also equipped with weights, trade mills, dumbbells and other complex machines to exercise, develop and strengthen muscles. Most gyms also have personal trainers and members that are knowledgeable in the field of weight training can provide guidance to beginners.
- Athletic Clubs: They provide a place for individuals to participate in virtual all of the amenities of fitness center along with ability to compete in some form of sports. These clubs also provide on-site restaurant bar and other fitness exercise regime. These clubs have generally expensive membership and some of the common services they provide are: massage, sports training, apparel etc.
- E-fitness providers: The segment contains the user and revenue development of two product categories:
- Portable connected fitness devices or wearables: The segment include devices mostly wearables intended explicitly for fitness. Fitness wrist wear are the common wearables equipped with sensors to analyze physical activity, body functions, steps taken, pulse etc. to determine health condition of an individual. These wearables also include smart clothes and eyewear. Smart watches are excluded from the segment.
- Digital fitness & nutritional applications (apps): These include fitness and nutrition apps example, calorie counters, and nutrition diaries, apps for detecting/tracking/analyzing and sharing vitality & fitness achievements. The revenue figures of the segment include only paid version of the app downloads, premium version or in-app purchases.