The market for Endoscope Reprocessing System and Software solutions in Australia is estimated to be USD 47.76 Million in 2018 clocking a healthy CAGR of 10.1% and is expected to reach a market size of USD 77.27 Million in the year 2023.
- Definition / Scope
- Market Overview
- Market Risks
- Top Market Opportunities
- Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
- Industry Challenges
- Technology Trends
- Pricing Trends
- Regulatory Trends
- Market Size and Forecast
- Market Outlook
- Distribution Chain Analysis
- Competitive Landscape
- Competitive Factors
- Key Market Players
- Strategic Conclusion
Definition / Scope
- Endoscopes are crucial therapeutic and diagnostic devices. Endoscope reprocessing solutions are used by skilled and trained staff for decontamination and cleaning of an endoscope. In-between two patients and at the end of each list, endoscope decontamination process is undertaken in dedicated rooms.
- Endoscope reprocessing solutions are used in manual cleaning of an endoscope with an enzymatic detergent and further used in automatic endoscope disinfection.
- Endoscope reprocessing solutions are used in correct temperature and in accordance with the user manual. It is important to check compatibility of chosen endoscope reprocessing solution and manufacturer approval for the given solution. Endoscopes have diverse types of sterilization and cleaning processes, provided by the manufactures, which should be followed strictly to avoid contamination and complications.
- Some disease agents like variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease are resistant to Endoscope reprocessing solutions, in such cases endoscopy should be avoided, though the chances of the transmission of the agent are extremely low.
- Coupled with endoscope reprocessing devices, endoscopic reprocessing solutions play crucial role in cleaning and decontamination process of endoscopes.
- International recommendations for Endoscope Reprocessing are a step-wise process including: pre-cleaning, leak testing, cleaning, rinsing, high level disinfection (HLD)/sterilization, rinsing, drying and storage.
Steps in Endoscope Reprocessing
The various steps involved in Endoscope Reprocessing includes
- Endoscope Point of use Pre-Cleaning: Pre-cleaning products prevent drying of hard-to-clean soils on endoscopes at the point of use, making them easier to clean during processing.
- Endoscope Cleaning: Superior performing endoscope detergents and cleaning tools designed to quickly and easily break down soils and protect the integrity of devices.
- Cleaning Verification: Quick detection of residual proteins on both internal and external surfaces of endoscopes
- High Level Disinfection: Maintain patient and staff safety with oxidative chemistries to accelerate the workflow.
- Liquid Chemical Sterilization: Liquid chemical sterilization provides a higher standard of reprocessing assurance while eliminating all microbial life, including bacterial endospores, in a 23-minute cycle.
- Endoscope Transport and Storage Cabinets: Endoscope Transport and Storage cabinets help keep patients safe by eliminating contamination touch points while exceeding evolving guidelines for endoscope drying, storage and transport.
Endoscope Reprocessing Systems and Software solutions
The various types of Endoscope Reprocessing and Software solutions based on the different categories are as listed below
- Automated endoscope reprocessors (AERs) Automated Endoscope Reprocessors (AERs) are important devices widely used in the health care setting to reprocess endoscopes, such as duodenoscopes, and endoscope accessories, to decontaminate them between uses
- Storage and Drying Cabinets are designed to efficiently store, dry and manage your scopes
- Disinfectants and Chemicals disinfectants are required to remove bacteria, bacterial spores, viruses, fungi, and acid-fast bacilli. A number of disinfectants are available, six of which have been approved glutaraldehyde (GA), orthophthalaldehyde (OPA), peracetic acid (PAA), hydrogen peroxide (HPO), electrolyzed acid water (EAW), and PAA/HPO blend.
- Detergents Endoscope detergents are chemicals used for disinfection of various medical devices like endoscopes. Detergents and disinfectants can kill almost all types of vegetative non-spore forming bacteria, fungi, viruses and mycobacteria (TB). Detergents and disinfectants take lesser time to make the endoscope contamination free but cannot kill all types of bacteria completely as compared to the sterilization procedure. Some of the examples of these solutions are alkaline glutaraldehyde solutions, peracetic acid solutions and glutaraldehyde solutions with isopropanol.
- Scope Transport Carts (Trays and Trolleys) Transport and Storage System protects your endoscopes and other delicate equipment by minimizing direct handling and reducing contact with airborne contaminants during transport and short-term storage. It creates a protective environment for each disinfected endoscope. Green (clean) and red (contaminated) color-coded liner covers provide immediate identification of clean or contaminated endoscopes.
- Flushing Sinks insert fits into pre-existing sink basins to raise the work level and reduce deep back bending and injury. It helps make staff more comfortable at the sink by easing the strain on backs and legs.
- Test Strips are used to effectively measure the minimum recommended concentration (MRC) of Rapicide Glutaraldehyde High-Level Disinfectant and Sterilant. These test strips help users get the most cycles possible from their Rapicide solution
Cleaning Products (Wipes, Sponges, Brushes) Cleaning Products such as wipes, Sponges and Brushes are specifically fabricated for cleaning Endoscopes
- Integration Software Solutions connects all aspects of the healthcare facility’s operation for maximum efficiency. Automate GI and pulmonary documentation and archive critical patient data to the HIS/EMR system. Automatically track the reprocessing data by scope, by patient and by AER for the highest level of infection control. and integrate it all with OR and procedure suites that offer visionary control, enterprise-wide communication and video management for improved workflow. All designed to help optimize the operational efficiencies and improve the quality of patient care.
- Track & Trace Solutions is a computerised tracking and traceability software solution designed specifically for use in endoscope reprocessing units. The full floor management system allows the user to record the endoscope decontamination process through manual wash, automated washer reprocessing, storage and finally to use on a patient.