India is the world's 3rd largest producer of coal, 4th largest producer of iron ore, and 3rd largest producer of crude steel. 100 per cent FDI is allowed in the mining sector and exploration of metal and non metal ores under the Automatic Route.
- Definition / Scope
- Market Overview
- Top Market Opportunities
- Market Drivers
- Industry Challenges
- Regulatory Trends
- Other Key Market Trends
- Market Size and Forecast
- Market Outlook
- Technology Roadmap
- Competitive Factors
- Key Market Players
- Strategic Conclusion
Definition / Scope
The metal and mining sector refers to the industry that is involved in the extraction of ores, fossil fuels, minerals, clay, stone, etc. The segments of metals and mining industry are as follows:
- Iron and steel: It includes hot rolled parallel flange beams and column rails, wire rods, rails, cast products like billets, beam, blank, metals, etc.
- Coal: It consists of primary coal such as anthracite, bituminous, lignite, etc.
- Aluminium: It includes primary aluminium, alumina chemicals, aluminium extrusions, aluminium rolled products, etc.
- Bauxite: Bauxite are divided into 2 basic types on the processing methods- tropical bauxite and European bauxite.
- Base metals: It consists of lead, zinc, copper, nickel, etc.
- Precious metals and minerals: It consists of gold, silver, rhodium, diamond, palladium and platinum.